Why Gerrick Alternatives
* All manufacturers are thoroughly vetted by Gerrick Alternatives ownership.
* We adhere to strict third party testing for cannabinoid content, terpenes, solvents, metals, molds and pesticides. Many companies only supply testing for cannabinoids and are very secretive about where and under what conditions their products are made. We demand transparency!!
* We expect our suppliers to be preparing for eventual FDA regulations and reject companies we feel are not doing so.
* Lawyer vetted: Once we decide we may want to do business with a company our lawyers investigate the legal aspects of the company. Only then do we move forward with a business relationship.
* We are a Maine family owned company in Hallowell, Maine. We employ Maine people and stock the largest supply of high quality end use CBD infused products in the state.
Remember: There are many bad players and dangerous products in the Hemp CBD market today
Points of Emphasis
* CBD is measured in milligrams for quantitative purposes and research shows it takes 5-10mg to activate your CBD receptors.
CBD is measured by the total MG of CBD divided by the volume of content in each bottle. For example: 350mg CBD in a 15ml bottle of CBD oil. 350mg/15ml= Estimated ratio of 23.3mg per ML of CBD oil (2.3%)
Many companies measure otherwise to disguise low dosages.
* Do not give medical advice.
* You can speak anecdotally. If someone you know reports results, you can relay that information. “It’s been reported that….”
You may tell people to research and point them to our website for “news” https://www.gerrickalternatives.com/news/
* There are no dumb questions and we are all learning every day.
*Call Phil at 207-669-2234
*Listen to your customers and their testimonials!!!
Industrial hemp is the non-psychoactive, low-THC, genetically distinct varieties of the plant Cannabis sativa. Hemp has absolutely no use as a recreational drug.
How Much Should I Take?
Standard dosing recommendation for CBD oil?
The dosing recommendation of CBD oil differs according to the brand, making it highly confusing for its users. Many manufacturers manipulate dosages to appear more concentrated.
Remember, only compare Mg per Ml
A good rule of thumb when asked is to:
Recommend starting with a few drops twice a day and increase as needed. Everyone is different. Also emphasize that people can easily find research online.
Types of CBD Oil
Full Spectrum Oils: contain multiple cannabinoids (CBD, CBD-V, CBD-A, CBG, Etc. With Terpenes and Phytocannabinoids.
Green Roads made with Full Spectrum Oil combined with isolate in a kosher grade glycerin base. 1000mg and 1500mg formulas have added hemp seed oil and can not be vaped. All products are pharmacist formulated in an ISO Level 6 dust free Lab. CO2 Extracted and ZERO THC
Anoids made in Maine with Maine grown hemp. Full spectrum oil in a MCT oil base. Trace amounts of THC well below legal limits
Nature Pressed, Maine Downeast Full Spectrum made in Maine with Maine grown hemp. Full spectrum oil in a MCT oil base with monk fruit. Trace amounts of THC well below legal limits
Isolate Blend Oils: contain CBD only and no other cannabinoids
Select CBD made with isolate in MCT oil. Organic and 100 percent plant based. Lavender, Lemon Ginger, Peppermint and Unflavored 1000mg formulas.
Downeast Drops made with isolate in MCT oil. 100 percent plant based. Lavender, Lemon Ginger, Peppermint and Unflavored 1000mg formulas.
Different Forms of CBD, Why?
- E-Liquid (Inhalation or Vaporization Method)
vapes are a straightforward method to use. The vaping is one of the quickest and powerful ways to mix the compound into the bloodstream through the lungs. The inhalation of CBD/hemp oil proves to be a relaxing process as the vape heats the CBD oil just enough to produce quick results.
2. Sublingual method
drops come in a glass bottle and are often mixed with healthy ingredients like coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, spearmint, terpenes, other essential oils or natural herbs depending on the manufacturers.
Hemp oil tinctures are also used through sublingual method. It takes 60 to 90 seconds to go into the bloodstream while you hold it under the tongue and then swallow. The sublingual method is best for quick effects as it lets the oil bypass the digestive system and liver metabolism, allowing the compounds to interact immediately with the endocannabinoid system.
3. Ingestion Method
Most well-known method for taking medicine or supplements in orally capsule form. Edibles or capsules of CBD or hemp oil can be easily swallowed with the mouthful of water or juice. Hemp oil capsules first enter into the digestive system and metabolize in the liver, then making the active compounds mix into the bloodstream. Less medicine enters the bloodstream.
- CBD can be infused with the wide variety of edibles or beverages including coffee.
4. Topical method
CBD or hemp oil is also available topically in the form of lotions or salves for external application on skin. The active ingredients in such products interact with the cells of skin layer while not entering into the bloodstream. Topical CBD oil is best for individuals who are looking for isolated pain relief for muscles, joints or to address severe skin conditions only.
Some companies like Crow Point also manufacture topical hemp or CBD oil within the range of beauty products like body wash, shampoo, skin conditioners or moisturizing lotions.
5. Transdermal Patch allows for direct time released absorption into the bloodstream.